Having trouble getting a payment through? There are a few things you can check.
Keep in mind that if your subscription payments start failing after the first one’s gone through successfully, we’re going to try a few times and keep you in the loop before ever interrupting your subscription (read more about how our billing works here). Don’t worry!
There can be several reasons why payments don’t go through:
- Your credit card has expired or been cancelled
- You don’t have enough funds in your account at the time we try to process your payment
- You’re trying to pay for your subscription with a gift card or a prepaid card
- Your card doesn’t accept foreign transactions, or purchases to foreign companies
- Your card doesn’t accept online recurring billing
- Your bank declined the payment
- You changed the email linked to your PayPal account (in this case you’ll need to cancel your subscription and purchase it again)
- There’s a connection timeout between PayPal (our payment provider) and your bank at the time we try processing the payment
If you’re not sure why your payments aren’t going through, we would suggest contacting your bank or PayPal to check with them. They have a lot more visibility on payment issues than we do.
Be sure to reach out to our support team if you need some extra help.