Cover art is mandatory for all releases and needs to meet the following requirements:
- An aspect ratio of 1:1 (Perfect square cover art)
- Minimum 1500 x 1500 pixels & maximum 6000 x 6000 pixels
- JPG or PNG format
- No blurry, pixelated, mismatched, misaligned or rotated images
It's important that all information included in your cover art matches and is represented in the metadata of your release.
Cover art should only include Primary Artist(s), Featured Artist(s), Release Title, and Label Name.
- No URLs
- No social media logos
- No references to brands
- No pornographic images
- License-free images (free of plagiarism)
- Duplicate cover art not be used for multiple releases
If you're ever having a hard time finding license-free images you can check out Canva. They offer a great tool for creating cover art!
To easily edit your artwork to be in the correct sizing, you can use PIXLR.