1. Select a track to split
After your release has been approved and submitted to stores, you can access the Splits tab of your release details to begin the royalty split process.
- To see the Splits tab, go to “My releases”, then “Released”, select the release of your choice and click “Manage”
- By default, when no split agreement is active, you get 100% of recording royalties
- Recording royalties are collected by LANDR Distribution, and they do not include publishing/songwriting rights
2. Create and submit a split agreement
You can create a split for a specific track by clicking on the pencil button, which will open the split creation window.
- You can add collaborators using email addresses or by selecting from a list of existing collaborators
- You will have to add a split percentage for each collaborator (up to 100%)
- The sum of all the shares (including yours) must add up to 100% in order for the split to be set
3. View a split agreement
Once the split agreement is submitted, all collaborators will be notified via email.
- Once sent, the split agreement will be marked as pending until all collaborators have created their accounts